Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

Cannot find my password XXXXX any of accompanying literature?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please describe what software or what other feature, you are trying to access with a password (which you cannot find in accompanying documents) ?

With that information, I may be able to help you, and will certainly try to.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just purchased a new kindle from Amazon.Nothing in accompanyinlg

paperwork telling me my password. so that I can connect to use.

So I understand that your new Kindle is prompting you for a password.

If your new Kindle is going through the registration process, then it should prompt you for the password twice. In which case, you are to enter your own password, the one you choose, twice (...to make sure there is no problem with accidental mistakes in typing, both entries of the password are compared to make sure they both match.)

Have you already gone through the registry process with this Kindle? if you haven't, and if it is asking you for a password before you can do *anything* with it, then it must have been registered for a password already. In which case, it must have been a returned item, since new Kindles are not supposed to be registered. You can de-register it from whatever account it is registered to, then register it again to your own account, in that case.

To de-register the Kindle, use the instructions on this page, under the heading
'Register Your Kindle':

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=ya_kindle_sb_know?nodeId=200375510&_encoding=UTF8&ref_=ya_kindle_sb_know

If the problem is not that you need to de-register the Kindle, or if you cannot get into the Kindle because of the password, then your Kindle is basically defective from Amazon, and you should notify Amazon's Customer Support department (renowned for its quality) of this, and return it to them for either a refund or another (new) Kindle.

(And - a suppositious case - *if* you did not buy it from Amazon, it's bootleg and you were badly treated as a result. It might have been a stolen Kindle - they are easy to steal, unfortunately. In which case, reporting it to Amazon is the right thing to do! even if you cannot get a refund, you would at least enable the person it was stolen from to get it back.)

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.