Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I cannot access my Hotmail Account;

Customer Question

I cannot access my Hotmail Account; Code sent from India when entered came back Non Verification and maybe Expired. Can you please send me a new Code so I can access my Hotmail Account which [email protected] Patrick XXXXX, Republic of XXXXXX Telo: XXX/XXXXXXXX

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

You would not generally get a code from India... so I am concerned about this.

What happens now when you try to sign into your Hotmail account?

What is the exact message that you receive?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard: Good to hear from you. When I try to access my Hotmail Account Outlook.com pops up and I am required to enter my email account and password XXXXX I do. Then I entered a Code I got this morning over the phone after I had a conversation with a female in Customer Service in India. This Code 467515 came back Non Verification and maybe Expired.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, they will never call, so this is very concerning Patrick and I fear you may have had your account hacked because of this (it is a tricky they do).

What happens when you try to reset the password XXXXX the address below.

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx‎

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard: Sorry for delay.When I try to sign into my Hotmail Account up on my screen comes OUTLOOK On the left hand corner of the screen is my email address [email protected] My Password XXXXX is empty and I then enter my Password; underneath is "I have no code" This morning I entered the Code I got over my phone 467516 and immediately up came in red lettering and I am paraphrasing here words to the effect Non Verification and the words maybe Expired. Please be advised I am NOT

a Computer Expert; I just have the basics of turning on my Computer; using Hotmail to receive and send out emails; use Google to look at Websites etc. Again I stress I am very very basic at this.

Regards,

Patrick

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I understand, and will work with you to best overcome this

I want you to click this link

https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04

When you click it, you see a form.

Go through and fill in everything as details and accuratly as possible.

Pay attention to what it is asking you, this is critical.

When you have completed the form, it will either, Give you access, inform you they will reply in 24 hours or that not enough information was entered.

Tell me please what the results are.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard: Filled in Form and sent it off; then up on screen comes Microsoft Account Closed down due to Maintenance. I do wish to clarify matter re Codes: two days ago I went into Internet Explorer and clicked on "Sign In" instead of [email protected] Outlook.com came up and I had to enter my password XXXXX I had no Code. I rang India / Customer Service and explained my problem unable to access my Hotmail Account and I needed a new Code. She put me through to a male and I explained again and was told put down the phone and the new Code would be sent. It did 156. This morning I tried to access Hotmail account again. Up comes Outlook.com I go through the motions again and put in the Code 156. Nothing. I rang this morning and I got the Code 467516. I tried it and it does not let me into my Account. I rang back and was told by a Male / Customer Service they do not give out Codes ever even though I have got 2! Strange.

How can I now get a Code so I can go into my Hotmail Account to continue with my Hobby Contacts Worldwide?

Regards,

Patrick

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
They dont work this way, so I am really not sure what process you followed.

But the server down error will likely be your internet browser.

Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart the computer and fill in the form again Patrick.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard: Do you mean the same Form I have just filled in? There is a part at the bottom re Billing etc. I HAVE NEVER paid a bill for my Hotmail Account. I have it years.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Yes, that form, once you did my instructions in Internet Explorer.

Just fill in as much as you can please Patrick.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard: Will do and get back to you.

Patrick

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard: I am sorry but I went into Internet Explorer and the Word TOOLS does not appear in the top of my Screen. Re the Form what did I do wrong? What did I not do right with filling it in? At this stage I am totally frustrated and pale in the face! Bear in mind I know very little re Computers! Sorry for the rant!

Patrick

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You will either see Patrick in the top right, Tools or a picture of a Gear wheel that you click on please.