Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Computer Engineer
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
7043301

Is there a way to take the music off of a dvd and put it onto

Customer Question

Is there a way to take the music off of a dvd and put it onto a cd through my mac?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Dan :

Hi, my name is Dan and I will be working with you today on your question!

Dr. Dan :

There are a variety of ways to do this, perhaps the easiest is to use a software program designed to do this such as Xilisoft's DVD Audio Ripper for Mac: http://www.xilisoft.com/dvd-audio-ripper-mac.html

Dr. Dan :

There is a free trial version that you can test out

Dr. Dan :

Essentially you load your DVD and select the audio tracks to capture to your computer

Dr. Dan :

Once on your computer you can then burn these onto a CD for your classes

Dr. Dan :

Once you have the audio files ripped you can burn this within iTunes if your mac supports CD burning, otherwise you can always load the digital files to a iPod or portable music player and play it back through a dock

Dr. Dan :

Alternatively, sometimes it is just easier to find Swan Lake on the iTunes store and buy the tracks that you want to play back

Dr. Dan :

Does this help?

JACUSTOMER-pqn3fkri- :

I will try to use the software program, but i am a complete idiot! the music I need is a particular version that is only done by The Royal Ballet and therefore only exists on the DvD otherwise i would be at the iTunes store.

Dr. Dan :

Is this the video?

Dr. Dan :

If you need the specific DVD tracks, the easiest method will be to rip the audio from the DVD itself

Dr. Dan :

as the chapters are divided and won't require you to reprocess the audio after you have ripped it

Dr. Dan :

Give the DVD Audio Ripper Mac a try and let me know if you run into any issues

JACUSTOMER-pqn3fkri- : I'm trying to install this DVD ripper ultimate thing but I've now cancelled it. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
Dr. Dan :

Did you just drag it over to your applications once you downloaded it?

JACUSTOMER-pqn3fkri- : Its asked me whether I have enough space and I don't have enough knowledge to do this on my own. I'm not sure which one to download. I can't spend all night on this as I have to work.
Dr. Dan :

Hi there, I think I found the digital version of the recording

Dr. Dan :

This is from the Royal Opera House

Dr. Dan :

Is this the same as the recording? This will save you the hassle of trying to rip the tracks

Dr. Dan :

Let me know if that helps!

Dr. Dan :

Dan

Dr. Dan :

Dr. Dan :

If it does please take a moment to rate our interaction to close this question.

Dr. Dan :

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them below and I will gladly continue to assist you!