Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

got a Samsung notepad. I added a nokia c2-01 via blue tooth

Customer Question

got a Samsung notepad. I added a nokia c2-01 via blue tooth to devices. when I click on the c2-01 device it offers the option of "connect using" and then "access point" and then that takes me straight to the internet on the laptop using the nokia as a modem which is fine. However when I add a Samsung eg a GT s5610 to my devices and then click on the s5610 icon device it DOES NOT offer a "connect using" option only a "remove device" option. How do I configure the Samsung s5610 to allow it to be used as a modem for the Samsung notepad
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

You may need to install different Bluetooth drivers to use the Samsung as a Bluetooth modem if they are not already installed. This method of connectivity is not supported by Samsung and does not always work.

For best connection, you should use a USB connection if possible.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks I have a commercial Bluetooth usb adapter and nokia and Samsung both installed ok to transfer files etc so Bluetooth ok. I tried USB lead on Samsung s5610 (which is a 3G phone) and on friends basic Samsung 2G phone and also usb data lead on a Samsung galaxy but all I get is just option of downloading files images etc from Samsung handset to laptop but not an acess point to the internet like you get with eg nokia or even ZTE pc suite. Ie still cant get access point to internet when using a Samsung eg s5610