Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

my profile will not load, I do not know my administrative password

Customer Question

my profile will not load, I do not know my administrative password XXXXX need help. Everything I do seems to want my administrator password
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you tested all 3 others to see if all of them are limited or if one is also an administrator?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had an enginner with me a few months ago and only the main account is the administrator account

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Ok did you have the engineer there for the same problem?
If you did what did he try?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

At the time I thought my computer was running too slow. However, he said was not, it was a good computer. Said it running fine and that I was not far from the "satellite" server. He installed AVG for a year.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
That sounds like he came to fix your internet only, and your internet speed is actually not controlled by the computer. That is controlled by the internet company and the modem. There are only a few ways to get around this on windows 7.

The first is with another user account that is an administrator which we just ruled out.
The second is a password reset disc which the computer asks you to make when setting up the administrator account.
The last is to reinstall windows 7 to factory settings after backing any data you do not want to lose.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I saw instructions for creating a password disc, but it seemed to still go back to the administrator account and want the admin password - so is there a way to get around this?

Freddie, I cannot get into the account that has everything that I would want to save. Does that mean I will loose everything if I re-install windows 7?.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
You can not make a disc after needing it, the disc is made from the account with the password once you make the account.
If you reinstall windows 7 you would lose everything on it.

The only way to save the data would be either with a second computer and an external enclosure.
Or to bring it to a technician and tell them you want the data saved before they reinstall windows 7.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can a technician get to the data if they cannot get into the account?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Yes if you bring it to a technician they will remove the hard drive from your computer.
Then they will use an external enclosure to mount it onto another computer as a secondary drive.

When done this way they will be able to get into all the files as long as they can log into their own computers administrator account.
That is why I mentioned us being able to do it if you had a second computer and an external enclosure.

If you bring it to a technician make sure you tell them beforehand you want everything saved before they reinstall windows 7.
Otherwise they will not save anything and will just reinstall.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can I ask why this would have happened, that is, why my profile will not load?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
You said it would not take your password, unfortunately there are only two things that can cause that.
Someone inadvertently changing the password, or typing it in wrong with something like caps lock on for example.

Windows has safeguards against password getting corrupted.
Profiles themselves sometimes get corrupted and show a "User profile service failed to log on:" error which is a completely different thing.

If it is not your password and I misinterpreted your question is that the error your getting when you try to log into your account?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The comment I get when I try to log on to my main account is " "User profile service failed to log on - profile cannot be loaded (or similar words).

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Yeah that is not a password error, that is a profile conflict.
Did it log you into a temporary profile or are you on another account now?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am in another account

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Ok since this is not a password issue we may be able to fix it.
Please follow the steps on this page and let me know if you get stuck at any point: Click Here
Try method 1 first as that is the only one that keeps it the way it is now instead of making a new profile.
.