Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

when trying to reinstall avg to my home computer message reads

Customer Question

when trying to reinstall avg to my home computer message reads serviceavg firewall could not be stopped.verefy that you have sufficent privlages to stopsystem services.error1921
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

First off, please download the AVG Remover utility from that computer, using the following link:
http://www.avg.com/in-en/utilities

Run the utility and follow the on-screen directions to remove AVG completely from your system.

Restart thereafter, and check if you are able to reinstall AVG all right now. Do keep me posted.