Greg A.
Greg A., Consultant / Engineer
Experience:  Working in Computer/Electronics 25+ Years, Storage Interface Expert
5229702

my telephone land line is not working my no is XXXXXXXXXXX

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer, a paid question and answer service.

If you still need help:

May I ask the Make & Model Number of the phone system you are trying to use?

May I also ask if this is a NEW phone you are connecting and WHEN this issue first began?

One more thing: May I ask what phone service provider you have for this land line service?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

telephone make BT Studio 4500+ 2 pack.item code 057863 s/n1049918225r

not a new phone. problem started friday 21st am

provider of line TALK TALK

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 years ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.

Since this is a cordless system, then we have a few possibilities which are:

- Batteries in handsets may be old and failing
- Phone system base unit may have failed
- Service provider is not providing working service.

So to troubleshoot this issue, what I would do is:

1) Substitute a DIFFERENT (corded) phone in place of the main base unit of the BT Studio and TEST to see if that phone works.

2) A similar step (to TEST the BT studio system) is to take your main base unit and handsets to a friend or neighbor's home and connect it to their phone service. If it works there, we have eliminated the phone itself as an issue.

3) Remove the batteries from the handsets AND remove power from the main base unit. Leave disconnected for 15 minutes, and then restore batteries and main power to the base unit. This will "reset" the BT system. TEST for dial tone and ability to place calls.

4) If you have a "main box" from TALK TALK, "reboot" that box by removing the power to that box for AT LEAST 2 minutes. Then restore the power and wait for the box to reboot (usually 1 minute or so). Then TEST for dial tone and ability to place and receive calls.

If the BT system works at a neighbor's home, the we have isolated the issue to the TALK TALK service. If that is the case, you will need to contact TALK TALK and report the outage. Here are the contact numbers for their 24 hour service.

Free from your TalkTalk landline: 0870 444 1820
Mobile friendly: 0203 441 5550

Please let me know what you find or if you have more questions.

Best Regards, Greg A.

(im)