Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Sony VPC-E series running windows 7. I have purchased

Customer Question

I have a Sony VPC-E series running windows 7. I have purchased a replacement battery but unfortunately not a Sony one. It is working and charging but I get the message 'Battery Health' The charging performance of the battery has deteriorated etc.
I have turned off. As instructed by the battery seller I have gone into System Config and the start up tab and turned off ISB Utility. Have done this with the battery in and without, turning off, restarting, turning on etc etc
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

First, ensure that you have all windows updates installed.

Go to http://update.microsoft.com and follow the steps to download and install any remaining updates.

Once done, restart the computer and tell me please if you are getting the message still.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

All updates installed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have done all you asked and everything is up to date. I am on a different computer talking to you.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Thanks,

There is nothing else that interacts with this, so it is down to the circuit on the actual battery itself not being able to communicate with the Sony.

This is why it is always strongly recommended to use the official battery as this is designed to communicate with the Sony.

you will either need to ignore the message and use the Sony if you can, or return the battery and purchase a proper Sony battery for this computer.

If you give me the full model number, I can find one for you online.

Please let me know

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am afraid I have already done that too. I run an IT business but this one has foxed me too! As you say they should have bought a Sony battery but as this has come from Germany we now cannot return it as no one is allowed to ship Titanium battery out of the UK! Catch 22. So sorry, so no solution and do I still have to pay.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Well you have the correct solution, you just don't wish to do it, that is different to "no solution", and that is to purchase the correct battery, shipping will not stop this as you purchase it in the UK

But if you do not wish to pay for the service, then as a customer you do not need to. Though I am sure you would not want your customers doing the same to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was desperate and it was my client that actually purchased the battery. £28 is a lot to pay for advice that I sort of knew but was desperate to be wrong! So sorry. But your site did advertise a free trial.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Again, if your not willing to pay for a service, and just wanted a free answer from me, then so be it. We work on a trust system here

No need to go into discussion on this.