Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

hi. i am struggling to access my hotmail account on my laptop,

Customer Question

hi. i am struggling to access my hotmail account on my laptop, iphone and ipad. I have changed my password XXXXX everytime i try to log in. i keep getting a message saying incorrect details..ive tried everything that i can think of but with little luck. my hotmail acc is my primary email for my studies, work and private business. any advice
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

can you undertake the Hotmail Recovery form please, which will allow you to reset your password.

The form you can use here.

https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04

You will see a series of questions. Answer these as detailed and accuratly as possible.

Then change your password and log in using this new password.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi, i have to wait 24hours to see if i have provided enough info for microsoft to recover my account. once this happens i will let you know. thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

this is actually a good message, but let me know if you have any problems please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. managed to sort out my hotmail access. I had turned on the two step verification and thats why i was unable to access the emails from any devices! Microsoft got intouch and stated that they normally ignore all requests to reset accounts when the two step verification is turned on but would try and help me otherwise on this occasion! Thank you for your advice and help.. highly appreciated.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your most welcome, and good work!

The 2 step verification does bring some additional security, but also causes a lot of issues with customers.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.