Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

my screen is upside down in extend mode (pressing F4). I

Customer Question

my screen is upside down in 'extend mode' (pressing F4). I can get it the right way up in 'duplicate mode' - but this turns my 16:9 screen to a 4:3 size. How can I get back to the original, correct orientation, widescreen mode? - Should never have had let kids access to my laptop!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello Chirag! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your computer? Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i think it's vista .... just trying to check, but can't remember how to

Can you please press at the same time the 3 keys Ctrl , Alt and Up Arrow in order to set the screen position?

If that does not work, please go to Start\Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display
, then click on the resolution option
, then make sure the orientation option is set to Landscape, then click on Apply/OK.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ctrl , Alt and Up Arrow didn't work.

I got to the stage of Start\Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display

and orientation is landscape

Sorry, select the 2nd monitor icon first, etc., then check the orientation. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by 2nd monitor

When in extended mode, do you see the multiple monitors icons showing monitor #1 , #2, etc.? on the top when you are in Resolution?

Can you check at the back/bottom of the laptop for the exact model of your laptop?

Also, what's the brand/model of the monitor?

Edit: It looks like you are away; please reply back when you are available to continue. Thank you,