Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

hi there i am having dificulties getting my asus cm desktop

Customer Question

hi there i am having dificulties getting my asus cm desktop to reboot it gives me a screen and a choice of options : recover or refresh.
whatever i press it says the drive you are requesting is locked out ???
what do i do now?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Please give me the entire exact error message including any numbers.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok wen i boot up i can only get to the refresh/ or auto fix screen, then no matter wot i press it says the drive that the information is locked or missing

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I need the exact and entire error message including any numbers.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no numbers sorry but ill try it again and write wot it says ok

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello ?? are you getting my reply??

i power up it asks what keyboard im using i chose unighted kingdom, then it takes me to the blue troubleshoot screen, refresh your pc/reset your pc/advanced options thats as far as i get before it tells me to power off my pc

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I need the exact and entire message on the blue screen not just the options it gives you.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok i power up my pc it takes me to a blue screen, chose your keyboard, i chose united kingdom / then it takes me to trouble shoot or turn off your pc/ ok so i hit troubleshoot and i get 3 options: refresh/reset/advanced

all the tries i get to the same place that the disc partition is either locked or missing

close your pc

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Unfortunately that still only gives me the options you are choosing and not the error on the screen. Is this the first time you have ever used the computer as the keyboard should only come up the first time? Have you tried booting it into safe mode? How old is the computer? Does it say "Missing operating system or no bootable device"?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is only about one month old, i dont know how to boot in safe mode on this pc?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Does it say "Missing operating system or no bootable device"?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all the tries i get to the same place that the disc partition is either locked or missing but i can get to the c prompt and find drive c: and i did a dir it all seems to be there??

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Turn the machine off.
Then as it is starting up repeatedly Tap F8 does it come to a menu?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok i hit f8 it brings up a small menu

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok in that menu choose safe mode, plain safe mode not networking.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i dont have safe mode??

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
What options does it give you?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the menu is :

ueft: usb 2.0 ?? drive 1.00 (32ooom)

windows boot managet

pg: atapi bd e dh12e3sh

st2000dm01-9y (1907729mb)

st2000dm01-9y (1907729mb)

usb 2: flash drive 1.00 (32000mb)

enter setup

up down arrows or enter / esc

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is the boot device menu.
Please wait until the very first screen passes before pressing F8.
That will come up if F8 is used to soon.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok i hit windows boot manager then nothing so i rebooted and tried f8 but it started up, i think it got over the problem by itself??

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
When you opened the boot manager did you change anything? It is possible you had it set to something other than the hard drive. Then the boot manager changed the drive back to first allowing it to boot properly. Try restarting normally to be 100% sure. If it restarts properly you should be all set. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.