arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCSE, RHCE, IBM System X Server Certified
50085326

I have installed a free VMware player. When I log into this

Customer Question

I have installed a free VMware player. When I log into this I have a search page causing an obstruction. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but this page still obstructs. This a free installation and I do not want to spend the earth having it put right. So can some one log on and put this right and how much would it cost
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you,

Which search page are you referring to? Does it only appear when you open Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a Norton safe search page. I open the virtual Xp on my computer it open and gives me the option to go into windows XP professional. When I do the search page appears. Can you log onto my computer and

see for yourself

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have VMware player on my computer, I went into this and tried to get into windows XP professional when this opened I had a Norton safe search page there

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, the VMware player has an icon on my desktop. If this opens correctly I have access to a virtual windows XP

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I seem to be sending you information and I am not sure if you are getting it

Expert:  Joshua C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.com my name isXXXXX and I am going to assist you today.

1. Is Norton running on Windows 7 or in the Windows XP virtual machine?

2. If you disable Norton does the search window still appear?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On the machine in question it is windows 7 and I have disabled Norton

and the search window is still there

Joshua, is it possible for you to log onto my computer and see for yourself. I have now enabled Norton

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Joshua C are you now answering my question, I have replied to Josh this morning and I do not want to pay twice. If you have taken over, I will repeat my answer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just had a query about my email address. I have asked questions in the past and the email address being held is mine.

replying to you

1. On this machine Norton is running on both

2. If I disable Norton the page still appears

Can you log onto my computer and see for yourself

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 3 years ago.

It seems my colleague has opted out. I am Fiyaz, one of the expert in Computer Category. I shall assist you this time

I have questions and would be helpful if you answer those.

1: Do you get same search page when you open Internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome on your computer?
2: On question you says "I have tried to uninstall and reinstall", which software you are referring?
(Norton or VMware )

3: What's the version of VMware player

please reply

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a search page from on Norton safe search

it is Norton I uninstalled and reinstalled

I have uninstalled and reinstalled VMware

the version of VMware player is a free installation and I think it 6

Thanks for your reply

It could be a tool which is left by Norton Anti-virus. We have find it remove. Let search it

1: Move to Windows Programs and features section
Click Start > On search programs and files type appwiz.cpl press enter key
This opens Windows Programs and features section

2: Do you see anything related to Norton here. Please make a through search and if found uninstall it

3: Open Interent Explorer browser > Click Tool > Click Manager Add-Ons >
Click ToolBars and Extensions (Top left) > Right side you can see all installed toolbars on IE
Our job is to find Norton ToolBar and make it disable
Disable all add-ons from Norton
graphic
4: Close Internet Explorer

5 Open VM Player and see issue still persists

Please reply status

(This doesn't mean that answer to your question has given. You may try out and reply status. remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. Please don't use bad or poor service if I haven’t answered your question, instead please let me know status and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have. )

Hello sir,
Didn't find your reply. Still waiting

(Please accept my answer if above suggestion solved issue

Thanks)