Ask a Computer Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Documents to Go allows for synchronisation with more than one mobile phone. There is a menu for adding a second mobile phone, and I have described what happens when I try to use it.
When the application is launched it has a little icon which tells me that the phone is disconnected. The new phone is connected, and can be seen by the computer but not by the application whilst trying to pair them.
The first phone was disconnected from beginning to end of this process. I used the same USB lead to the computer and just attached the new phone to it. I think that the application intends the user to tell it which phone is at the end of the lead.
I believe that the process I was using was precisely what you suggest: the introduction of a second device. I gave it a new identity, but got this message about the pairing taking too long and then, when I tried again, it said that this new name for the device had been paired - but it hadn't! I've been through this loop several times now.
Apologies for the delay in reply – we are in different time zones.
The new phone is connected to the computer with a USB lead and is synchronising Outlook tasks and notes successfully using an app called Android-sync.
Sorry - I get the same result.
Thank you very much for trying.
my new phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-19505, running Android 4.2.2
Unfortunately I have just tried this and I get the same sequence of error messages.
I haven't got another computer with the Documents to Go application on it, but this phone and this computer are successfully communicating with each other in synchronising Outlook tasks and memos via Android-sync. It seems to me that the problem must be to do with the application.
I have only been using the USB cable, for both synchronisations.
I've just done that, but the resulting symptoms are exactly the same
That didn't work either, I regret to say.
I uninstalled the app and then re-downloaded it. Again, it results in the same error messages.
I am sorry, but I cannot agree to that. The cost to me, in terms of setting up the phone all over again is too great.
I am almost sure that this is an application problem on the PC.
I must now back out of this process.