Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I am trying to install family tree maker 2012 platinum. I

Customer Question

I am trying to install family tree maker 2012 platinum. I have uninstalled the 2010 version and done a clean boot, but it still won't install. The message says that I did not close the programme properly. I am now also getting a message saying keep your information in sync. Do you know what to do?

Many thanks Debbie
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Let's do a SECURE remote session now, so that I can take a look at the issue directly for you. You just need to click on the following link:
http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=92715e39-c635-4a4d-8163-397a2fd3d40e

Please join the session, and RUN/OPEN the downloaded application (by pressing Ctrl + J after the download has completed) - and I'll be connected shortly. Thanks!

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
In remote session now; thanks!

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi, it looks like we got disconnected from the remote session after the system reboot.

Now, please download the following WSE 3.0 add-on first:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14089

Run and install the add-on following the on-screen directions, then restart your computer and check if this makes any difference to your issue with the Family Tree program.

If not, just reply back to me on this page, and I'll continue to follow up further accordingly. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please connect again and help me solve the problem.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Just let me know when you will be available next, and I'll set up another remote session for you accordingly. Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Rath

Pleased to have you back!! When I click on you view response I get a blank screen, but presunably we can communicate as before. I am assuming that there is something on my computer that is stopping me from instaling Family Tree Maker. Are you ready to start again. I was unable to do what you requested before.
Debbie

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi Debbie,

Yes, I'm here now. Could you let me know if you installed WSE 3.0 add-on, as directed in my earlier reply?