Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.
62669195

got problems with updates,application cannot be installed in

Customer Question

got problems with updates,application cannot be installed in the default installation location?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

Are you referring to an issue with an Android phone? If so I have seen an issue like this before on my Galaxy. Which kind of phone do you have. Do you have a micro SD card for it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

samsung galaxy ace plus no sd card

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.
Wonderful! Thanks Jeff. The problem is actually that the "partition" (Internal Storage) on the Ace is easily filled up. All you will need to do is insert a Micro SD card and transfer some of the apps to the SD card then the update will work just fine

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/SanDisk/SanDisk-16GB-Ultra-Android-Micro-SD-%28SDHC%29-Class-10-UHS-1-30MB_s

This above card will work perfect! Once you insert this card into the Ace all you need to do is

On the Home screen:

Tap Settings

Tap Application Manager

Tap on each individual app and choose Move To SD

(Some will not allow you to move them, the option will be greyed out. If that happens move on to the next application until they are all on the SD)

If you run into any issues please feel free to reply to me anytime and i'll help in any way I can. Also below here is a video that shows the move applications steps, it's for a Galaxy but the steps are the same Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4WcbSpICGE#t=68

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated) Laughing(To rate my help click the smiley faces below then press the submit button)

Also if you need any Android or computer help in the future, you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Thanks again for all you patience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can i do it without that sd card?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.

.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 years ago.

No unfortuntely the internal storage is so minimal on the Ace and other Samsung phones. The updates are quite large for the Android OS. The other option would be to remove any un-needed app but I wouldn't recommend doing this as you do not want to delete anything you may need by accident.

The SD card is very easy to install. I talked to my good friend from the UK and he says a store called tesco asda sells these cards also. (sorry not 100% familiar with the UK stores hehe USA here)

But once you get a MicroSD card it will solve all your issues

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated)

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
(To rate my help click the smiley faces below then press the submit button)

Thanks Jeff!