Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  20 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

Hows do I get equalisation of sound between high definitlon

Customer Question

How's do I get equalisation of sound between high definitlon and ordinary channels
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 3 years ago.

Kamil Anwar :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Kamil and i will do my best to assist you.

Kamil Anwar :

May i know what exactly do you want to do?

JACUSTOMER-ppp7j1fu- : I have bought a toshiba smart tv led digital series Rl93 Rl95 according to user manual and when I change to high definition the volume is very sharp and very loud and I have to use the controls all the time I would like to equalise the volume if possible. Thank You
Kamil Anwar :

I am sorry but your question has come to the computer category. I will move the question to the right category. Please wait for a response from the TV expert.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question. There are a couple of things you can do in the settings to mitigate the difference in sound.

The main setting for thsi is the Dynamic Range Control - this limits the difference in volume between the softest sounds and the loudest sounds. When watching HD with digital audio, there is often much more dynamic range. While this sounds great in a movie theater, it can sometimes be undesireable at home. To set that, go to the sound menu and select Dynamic Range Control and set it to ON. The only format this doesn't effect is MPEG1 and 2 (I don't know why, it's just documented that way!).

There is another important setting called the Audio Level Offset. You can set an offset for each of the following DTV 5.1 channel, 2 channel, ATV and External input. When you are on an input other than 5.1, you can go to teh Audio Level Offset settings in the Sound menu and set the offset for the current input. In other words, your DTV 5.1 will be your reference, and the offset will be as compared to that. So you would listen to something in 5.1 and set the volume comfortably on the tv as you normally would, then change to a different source - for example 2 channel audio - then do not adjust the volume - instead go into the Audio Level offset and adjust the volume there... it is essentially a semi-permanent volume adjustment for that type of playback. You have to be on the type of input you want to set in order to set it.

I hope this has answered your questions. If you still have questions, just let me know. If I've been helpful, please remember to rate my level of service. Thank you!

Mike