Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  20 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

My 9200T has seized up in MENU mode. Wont respond to any Remote

Customer Question

My 9200T has seized up in MENU mode. Won't respond to any Remote or Front Panel controls. If I power off I will lose all recordings on the hard disk (have done it once before)
Is there an alternative?
Regards, [email protected]
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question. Powering off the unit should not lose all your recordings. If it does, then the freeze is more likely because something bad has happened on your hard drive. I can provide you with some steps that you can use to restart the system and minimize the chance of freezing in the future (unless this is a physical problem with the hard drive). But please understand that I have no control whatsoever over the content on the hard drive! Whether or not the recordings are lost has already been determined - the restart itself won't actually cause it. But only do this if you are comfortable doing it. If the recordings are lost this will not fix that. This will simply get it restarted.

1. Power OFF the receiver
  2. Disconnect the Aerial cable
  3. Power On the receiver
  4. Press MENU
  5. Select Installation
  6. Enter your password (default = 0000)
  7. Select Default Setting
  8. Select YES
  9. Enter your password (Default = 0000)
  10. When the receiver restarts, power off
  11. Connect the Aerial Cable
  12. Power ON – the receiver will then search for the channels.

Mike

PS... do NOT chose the format/initialize option. That will erase the hard drive and it should not be necessary. In fact, the above procedure should only be necessary if it freezes again after a restart. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike