Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

hello, my sisters recently updated the operating system on

Customer Question

hello, my sisters recently updated the operating system on their lap top from windows 8.0 to 8.1 , some how they can not get back onto their internet via the wireless network , the main computer can connect , and my lap top can connect to their wireless connection any ideas what happened.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask, if the computer can get online if it is plugged into the router/modem with a cable? If so, how about this; can you plug the problem wireless computer into the router or modem with a cable and allow me to remote into it so I can setup the wireless connection? No extra charge.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Jason, thanks for your response , have connected the lap top directly to router ,can`t connect with their own provider , but can using default , so we are going to reload/reinstall the software for their internet provider and see if that works . thanks for your help.

Thank you for the update.

How about this; can you plug the problem wireless computer into the router or modem with a cable and allow me to remote into it so I can setup the wireless connection? No extra charge.