John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have purchased AVG tune up and cant run it because I have

Customer Question

I have purchased AVG tune up and can't run it because I have forgotten my administrator password ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

John :

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help you.

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

ok thanks

John :

You are welcome Sir/Ma'am.Are you the only user in the PC?

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

no there are two other users

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

it's Adam by the way

John :

Does your account have administrative privilege or is it a standard user account?

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

my account is as an administrator but has some stupid virus I can't remove so I can't log into it, the two (this one) is just a user

John :

so you cannot log into you normal account.

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

thats correct

John :

when you try to login to your usual account what message do you get?

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

its just frozen

John :

OK did you buy the AVG tune up to fix that account issue?

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

yes and the AVG Security

John :

Are you currently chatting from the problematic PC?

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

yes

John :

The account you are in now is a standard user account am i correct

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

yes

John :

OK have you tried to login to your normal account in safe mode?

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

no i havent, how i do that

John :

Before we do that.do you have another PC from where you can chat from ?

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

no i dont

John :

please try the following
Click on start then type regedit on the search box and press enter

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

done that

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

done

John :

did you get registry editor window

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

done that, but I can't reply when it is open

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

are you getting my response

John :

yes

John :

so you didn't get registry editor when you entered that am i correct

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

I have lost you

John :

you mean you cannot see my replies

John :

???

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

I have lost you I think

John :

please scroll down page to see my replies

JACUSTOMER-fxqnpq6v- :

I can't read your messages

John :

i will switch to Q&A mode and we can continue in that mode

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Our chat has ended because you couldn't read my replies.I apologize for the inconvenience

Can i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing. It’s secured and integrated with our site also you can see what all i am doing in your PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes that's ok

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Please click on this link http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=61433f26-8101-42bf-afb0-8ec86c84173e then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again also try the method it shows on screen connect window. Let me know once it’s connected. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Sir i haven't got the access to your PC yet.Is there any problem connecting?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
It seems like remote access didn't work.can you please try to boot in safe mode with network then try to log in to your normal account.I will tell you how to log into safe mode with networking

Restart the computer then press F8 repeatedly. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears then you will get Advance boot Menu on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode with Networking and then press ENTER.

see if you can access the normal account in safe mode with networking.Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I can't !, it's just frozen

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
You mean you cannot log in safe mode with networking either am i correct
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thats correct

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Please try the safe mode with command prompt To get that please do the following.

Restart the computer then press F8 repeatedly. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears then you will get Advance boot Menu on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode with command prompt and then press ENTER.

If you get the command prompt please type rstrui.exe in the command prompt and press enter.if it shows system restore screen click on next and then select a restore date where your computer worked fine.let the restore process finish and see if you can access the normal account.Let me know the status