Brandon M.
Brandon M., Information Systems Manager
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

I have an archeos 80 cobalt where I have lost all applications

Customer Question

I have an archeos 80 cobalt where I have lost all applications icons and shows only a bar in the middle of the screen which looks that it requires some sort of a password XXXXX to do anything with the tablet because I can't access anything on it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Brandon and I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

Let's try resetting your tablet to see if it helps. Please do the following:

- Turn off the device and wait 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the volume + button while powering on the device.
- Keep the volume + pressed until the Recovery mode starts (white screen).
- Use the volume buttons to highlight an option, then press ON/OFF to select it.
- First try the Repair System option. After this is done, you may need to choose "No" to restart the tablet. See if the repair allows you to use your tablet again.
- If this doesn't work, follow the steps above and try the Format System option.

Let me know how this goes.

Best Regards,
Brandon