Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

hi there i dont know if u get this kind of question or u would

Customer Question

hi there i dont know if u get this kind of question or u would have the answer to it but i would want to giv it a go asking you I have a micro sd nd when connected to the computer or on phone the images that were on the sd card before read as a dat file now would u b able to tell me if i can use a certain software to convert the dat file to another file so i can view the images again
Category: Computer
Expert:  Wes replied 3 years ago.

Wes :

My name is Wes and I will be assisting you today. Please favorite or bookmark this page so you can return here if we get disconnected.

Wes :

Are you certain the .dat files are pictures?

Wes :

Also what phone was used, and what operating system are you using on the computer

JACUSTOMER-csqy480k- :

yes they are images for certain nd i think a few video clips . The phone that was used was a nokia E51 and i am using microsoft windows vista

JACUSTOMER-csqy480k- :

excuse why r u offline me i am waiting for your help plz answer asap i dnt understand y u r offline when u havnt answered my question

Wes :

Went off line because it showed you had disconnected. Can you copy one of the files to your desktop, then right click on it and click open with... then select picture viewer, paint, or some other image program

Wes :

If you don't have the Open With selection just select open and it will ask you if you want to search on the internet or select a program. Choose select a program

JACUSTOMER-csqy480k- :

ill just try that

Wes :

any luck

Wes :

?

JACUSTOMER-csqy480k- :

no every program says files are not supported by this program plz help

JACUSTOMER-csqy480k- :

i have downloaded couple of softwares but havnt had ny luck with ny with them

Wes :

ok, would you be able to upload one of the photos/files for me to examine?

Wes :

I can give you a link to a secure file share system that will allow you to upload it where only I can view it.

JACUSTOMER-csqy480k- :

yes ok ill upload a file

JACUSTOMER-csqy480k- :

plz send me the link

Wes :

ok hang on a moment

Wes :

let me know once you've uploaded it

JACUSTOMER-csqy480k- :

unfortunately the files are failing to upload plz giv me another method

JACUSTOMER-csqy480k- :

hi r u still there

Wes :

Sorry, another expert locked me out temporarily. I'll get you another link.

Wes :

The link is good for one week. Try to upload again when you are able to in the morning. When it is morning here I will take a look at it and get back to you (we are about 6 hours behind you).

Customer :

hi i tried to upload the files on the link you gave me again still no luck :(

Wes :

What happens when you try to upload the file?

Wes :

If you have another way to share the file let me know as well.

Customer :

It just says file has been failed to upload...

Customer :

If I copy and paste my selected files, would you be able to examine them?..

Wes :

You can try

Wes :

Another thing you can try is to open the .dat file with notepad, then copy and paste the first 15 to 20 lines to here so I can look at them and see the file header

Wes :

as for using the links above, try a different web browser.