Jonathan Jewell
Jonathan Jewell, University Lecturer in Computer Science
Experience:  Qualified in psychology then converted to computer science. MSc Cognitive and Decision Sciences now teaching pervasive computing.
75936951

I have just purchased a Kindle Paperwhite and wish to de register

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Kindle Paperwhite and wish to de register my old Kindle to give to a friend to register in her name advice please
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jonathan Jewell replied 4 years ago.
Hiya,

This is a fairly simple one, I hope!

What you need to do is go into your Amazon account (log in) and on the front page, you should see an item quite far down the page, on the left hand side, which says 'Manage your Kindle'.

When you get to that page there will be a list of products down the page that you have bought for the Kindle. Instead, look in the very left hand menu, and select 'Manage your devices'.

When you are on that page, you should see a list of devices. Select the 'deregister' button and confirm and your device is deregistered.

Please come back to me if you have any issues with that? Hopefully your problem is solved!