Sudipto
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I have a Microboards Printfactory. When I send a file to be

Customer Question

I have a Microboards Printfactory. When I send a file to be printed onto a CD I hear the disk being loaded and the machine starts to feed the CD through and then the out of paper light flashes! When I empty the disc loading bin I can see about a third of the disc. The disc is not being fed through. Are the belts not working? Is the disc the wrong size (they are 120mm CDR). I would appreciate some advice on this as I have a number of discs to produce.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is SUDIPTO and today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

The size of the CD is correct, but the problem is with the feeding mechanism, it can be the belt, tray, motor etc. unless the printer is dismantled completely it is very difficult to say, which part is causing the problem. You can check the feeding path with a flash light for any blockage, becasue if the path is blocked by something, then also the CD cannot get inserted in the printer. I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sudipto

Are you suggesting that I get someone to dismantle the machine and investigate whether there is a fault?

Paul

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
That is the best possible solution, unless you have any experience in electronics repairing, then if you can dismantle the printer, I can suggest you some solution, as it is not possible for me to dismantle the printer.

Do not try to dismantle it, if you have no experience.