Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I get no sound from you tube even while I get sound from other

Customer Question

I get no sound from you tube even while I get sound from other web programmes. Help welcome.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is sound not working from both Chrome and Internet Explorer?
Can you please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=cbed82f4-7466-48bf-ba2e-a1bb638dca6a

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I get sound on internet explorer from the same you tube address

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX issue is with Chrome. Are you able to adjust the volume bar on youtube in Chrome? Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall Chrome?

Or would you like to do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to fix this issue directly for you; this would be easier and quick?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes to adjusting volume bar

NO to reinstalling chrome. How to do that, please?

First, click on the 3-bar icon at the top right corner in Chrome
, then click on History,
, then click Clear browsing data...
, then select the option "the beginning of time" from the drop-down list
, then uncheck all items, and check only the item Empty the cache
, then click on the button Clear browsing data
, then check youtube sound.

If that does not work, go to Start, control panel, programs, programs and features, and uninstall the Google Chrome program there
, then download and reinstall Chrome at the website below:
http://chrome.google.com/

Please let me know if there is still any issue; you can click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further as you need. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I reinstalled Chrome and there is still no sound. The reinstalled chrome retained history bookmarks etc. ANy advice, please?

Sorry, that is strange. That's correct; it does retain bookmarks, history, etc. Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to troubleshoot this issue directly on your computer's screen?

Edit: It looks like you are away; please reply back when you are available to continue. We can do this at similar time tomorrow as you wish. We guarantee our service. Thank you,