Cris
Cris, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  A technician which covers all grounds including E-Readers.
10156100

My HP Deskjet 1050 J 410 series printer (operating system -

Customer Question

My HP Deskjet 1050 J 410 series printer (operating system - Windows Vista) has been running no problem on RECYLED CARTRIDGES up to now. I ask it to print - I have run out of paper - printer throughs a tantrum and will not print anything. I ask it to print again and now get a box come up - INCOMPATIBLE INK CARTRIDGES - THE CARTRIDGES LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THIS PRINTER AS IT IS CURRENTLY CONFIGURED - ORDER A GENUINE HP PEPLACEMENT CARTRIDGE. So it seems I have to re-configure my printer somehow but don't know how to go about it. Help desperately needed or the sound of breaking glass will be shortly heard - i.e. my printer going through the window on to the garden below! Thanks!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.

Cris :

Cris :

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com to ask your question, I am Cris.

Cris :

Is this the first time you receive this message on your printer?

Cris :

Are you with me??

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

yes i m here

Cris :

Great, is this the first time you get this message on your printer?

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

no it happened before usually when I ask it to print forgetting there was no paper but it was a while ago - don't know what I did

Cris :

Please try the following remove the cartridges take a napkin and pat down the sensors at the bottom. Turn off the printer and wait 30 seconds. Turn it back on and when it starts open it up and plug the cartridges.

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

yes will do - I'll report back

Cris :

great, I will be on standby.

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

yes have done - didn't like the thought of patting down the sensors though - I thought you had to stay well away from them.

Cris :

What do you mean?

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

when you put the cartridges in to the printer the instructions tell you not to touch the electical circuits on the back with your fingers .

Cris :

Yes, we didn't want to make contact with your hands so no finger prints is put on them.

Cris :

But you can take a napkin and just pat it down to clean the sensor.

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

yes OK understand

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

shall I try and print a document ?

Cris :

Did the message disappear?

Cris :

If so yes please try and print.

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

wait - I will try and print - hang on!

Cris :

sure

Cris :

Any luck?

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

No - exactly the same message comes up as in my communication - I would think that we would have to go into the HP website for this model (a shortcut I have on my Desktop) and try and do as HP say and RE-CONFIGURE the settings somehow.

Cris :

There aren't any settings to re-configure.

Cris :

When you use aftermarket cartridges you are gambling with if they work or don't. Usually 1 out of every 5 are defective.

Cris :

Do you have a backup set of cartridges?

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

you have to RE-CONFIGURE something even if it is not SETTINGS

Cris :

Is this what you are referring to, click here>>>Incompatible cartridge

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

yes I have two identical cartridges which I used very briefly before but i' ve got to find them first.

Cris :

I checked the HP site and did not find any specific configuration needed to perform on your printer to use re manufactured cartridges. It is a good possibility the ones installed in the printer are defective. You can usually return them to the ink supplier you purchase from for replacements.

Cris :

Are you still there?

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

No I have been using these recyled cartridges - they are not defective - I wish they were - then I could try and get free replacements from IJT - they are not defective - the HP printer is programmed to cause a fuss if you mess around with recyled cartridges - once again they are not defective - I ve been using these for years - yes OK you do get the odd one which is no good like the other day I ordered a colour and it only printed black and got a free replacement - I would rather spend £14 than £35 HP equivalent . How do I stand If I continue this tomorrow please as I have been on here over an hour and am not getting anywhere - thanks.

Cris :

We can continue tomorrow if you like, just come back here and send me a message. You can save the site to your favorites.

Cris :

You will be prompted to sign in with the email you with the email used to create the account.

JACUSTOMER-m8uokano- :

Yes OK thanks - I will try and link up tomorrow - somehow 'bye for now.

Cris :

Your welcome, talk to you soon.