Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

The optical track pad on range finder no longer works. Stuck

Customer Question

The optical track pad on range finder no longer works. Stuck on pl;ay golf.

How quick is asap?

Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please state the maker and model # XXXXX the range finder, so that I can advise you better.

Please also tell me how old it is (measured from since the date of purchase), and also whether it has been dropped at any time, or exposed to freezing temperatures or colder, or operated in a grit or sand-rich environment, like a sand trap, a construction site, or a beach or seaside ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Russell,

Maker of Range Finder: SkyHawke Technologies.UK,LTD

Model no. SGXw

Possibly dropped on grass on the golf course.

No contact with sand etc.

Not used since June 2013 due accident to hand.

Freezing conditions? In Cornwall unlikely.

How old is the SGXw in question?

Does it respond to any controls, aside from the now-unresponsive optical trackpad?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

SGXw was purchased inJune 2012 ie approx 1 year six months.
Does not respond to any of the controls except power on/off. reminder to charge, and
shows menu.

Thanks for your responses.
Looks as if I may be sending the device to SkyHawke Technologies?

Yes, sending it in for repair (at cost to you of course since the warranty was doubtless the industry-standard 1 year) would make sense.

Whether SkyHawke themselves would be best, XXXXX XXXXX local authorized repair centre, is the question. Please let me know your locale (Cornwall?) and I can research as to local authorized repair centres for SkyHawke devices.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Russell for your help and the suggestion that I may
use a local repair centre,rather than returning unit to Skyhawke. Yes I am in East Cornwall. and would much appreciate a reputable dealer's name if you know one.

Joy

PS. I am completely satisfied with your responses. JKT

I am glad to hear that my responses are good enough, Joy.

As for local places to take your range finder for repair or at least evaluation.... I am having trouble locating any. Supposedly

http://www/gpsnavspecialist.co.uk

has offices in Cornwall, but I have no success in accessing their site to learn more.

Otherwise, companies are not turning up in my searches. I'm sorry to confess it, but there's not much to find.

As for sending it off for repair to Skyhawke, the company that makes this unit is located in the US. Someplace in England to send it off to would suit you better, perhaps! Please let me know if I may search farther afield than Exeter or Cornwall, for a good repair firm.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Russell. Think you have spent enough time for me so will try to find some answers from where I bought the gadget. Very grateful for your efforts.

I'm completeley satisfied with your efforts. Thanks again

My diagnosis of the device and my advice to take it to a dealership or a repair facility - plus my searching for an appropriate repair shop and coming up with very few local to you - hardly qualifies as much to mention, but if you approve of my work, please rate my Answer - hopefully favorably - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks, and good luck.

Also let me know if farther afield than Cornwall might be OK, for you to send the device for repair.