Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

when trying to connect my laptop to internet via vodafone dongle,

Customer Question

when trying to connect my laptop to internet via vodafone dongle, I get message " Mobile Connection not posssible". Vodafone can't help. ANy suggestions
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you open the Vodafone software and select advanced, options, account type and make sure the correct customer type is selected.

Confirm this and let me know please.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Vodafone mobile broadband is open, but there is no "Options"

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
ok, it depends on which version software you have Jon, but then you should see Advance.

Are you seeing this

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I am on Advanced

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Click on Advanced and select Priorities tab. Click Settings besides profile which is currently active;

Go to Security tab;

Change it to Unencrypted Password (PAP) and click OK;

Go back to Status tab and try to connect again,

If this fails try to create new connection by selecting Add Settings in Priorities tab.

If this still fails,

An alternative fix for this error is
Go to Advanced;
Go to Priorities;
Under Mobile connections click Settings;
Under the NETWORK tab, it should ask you for APN, Username and Password. The password may look like aquot;£^gwery3451235$£^^!£f3245%$^"12ef3£$%&&£"! (some random stuff);

Just remove it, and continue with the rest of the fix by changing the security to Unencrypted Password.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

IT SEEMS TO GO THROUGH, BUT FOR NOW i HAVE NO NETWORK COVERAGE, SO WILL TRY AGAIN LATER.

FINGERS CROSSED.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
ok, if it went through it is ok Jon, else it would always error and stop you from completing this.

But I have marked this question to never close, so when you have coverage, if you do have any problems just let me know.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.