Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I recently changed my Wi-Fi hub. I cannot go on-line because

Customer Question

I recently changed my Wi-Fi hub. I cannot go on-line because the Kindle screen where I enter the new password XXXXX not accept any input.

XXXXX XXXXX
[email protected]
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

When you say it will not accept any input, you mean it rejects the password with an Authentication Error?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It doesn't reject the password because I can't get as far as entering the password. It will not accept input of any description - i.e. the screen is DEAD!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Tom

Can you hold the power button on the Kindle to Off for 30 seconds, then release.

Turn on the Kindle and then attempt to connect to the wifi.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No change. The input screen is dead. Are we dealing with a faulty Kindle here?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Yes sorry Tom

It is the internal memory that has faulted which is why it is not allowing input.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by restarting it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It is a known problem, and is covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.