Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

help required on missing Navigation buttons on some pages of

Customer Question

help required on missing Navigation buttons on some pages of my Dreamweaver website. I used to have Frontpage but have recently changed
Category: Computer
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Which Navigation buttons are you referring to exactly my friend? Are you referring to the top box style Nav Buttons labeled Site Index, Photographs, Information Page, etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: Other. The answer was YES It is the Navigation buttons on the top of the pages. The problem was that I was unable to answer the question because the programme would notlet me answer!!!! David XXXXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Sorry, your previous expert is offline.

I do see the buttons, so they are appearing, which means the issue is your computer.

Can you click Start, type in

%temp%

Press enter.

Delete all the files and folders listed there. Skip any files Windows says are in use.

Once done, Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart your computer, and go to

www.tintagelweb.co.uk

Tell me if you then see the buttons please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Navigation boxes are OK on the Home page!.

The problem is on nearly all the other pages once you open a link formt the Home Page. I.E. Look at Boscaslte Floods page and you will see that in the links to eight other flood pages. Thier navigation boxes are ALL missing. It is NOT a fault with my Computer, it is a problem with the Dreamweaver programme and I need to know what that fault is?!

David XXXXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Every page I checked it looks ok.

Which page has the problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Go To Stories Old and New Page

Look at ANY of the links on the left hand side Regal Cinema, Have a Go, Tonkins Garage etc, ALL of them have NO navigation links. They are NOt there!!. I need to know why and also how to fix them please

David XXXXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I do see them

I clicked on Regal Cinema and it took me here

http://www.tintagelweb.co.uk/Regal%20Cinema%20Delabole.htm

So the links are working.

But if this is not the issue, remember David, I have never seen your website, so I do not know how it should be.

So please explain EXACTLY what is missing, WHERE as I am not seeing anything missing, the links are on the left of the Stories Old and New and are working.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Home page clearly shows the Navigation Boxes at the top

When you go to Stories Old and New CLICK the link to Regal Cinema and open it and you will see the Navigation Boxes are missing on the Regal Cinema Page!. If you go to all the other links and click you will find ALL the Navigation boxes are missing on all the linked pages.That is the problem I have.Around 90% of my boxes on the pages are missing

Open every link on that page and that is what you will find. How do I get them back?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, you need to copy them back within Dreamweaver, as you have deleted these by mistake.

So copy the buttons on your home page (or any other page they are present) and paste them within the pages that are missing the buttons.

Can you do this please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm afraid I have just tried that and it does not work I'm afraid. I think it is much more deeper than that.

I have treid this on other thngs and it does work but not sadly on this problem. It is much deeper in Dreamweaver I'm afraid

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Dreamweaver is just an editing program, there is nothing "deep" with it.

It will be your page layout

What was the problem you had copying the buttons?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know