Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I CANNOT ACCESS EMAILS. DOES NOT RECOGNISE MY USER NAME OR

Customer Question

I CANNOT ACCESS EMAILS. DOES NOT RECOGNISE MY USER NAME OR PASSWORD, OR SECURITY QUESTION TO CHANGE PASSWORD
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please for which email service this is? eg: Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yahoo

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Margaret.

When you created the Yahoo account, did you specify a secondary email address to be contacted on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

This puts you in a difficult position, but there is a way around this problem though so please carefully follow my instructions. Make sure you read through these instructions before attempting them so you understand what needs to be done.

You must fill out a ticket to contact yahoo support, when this is done properly you will receive an incident ID for reference upon successful submission. This is the only way to get around this problem.

Follow these instructions for proper submission of the form.

First and most importantly you need an email account that yahoo can contact you at, it needs to be a non yahoo account.

If you do not have one please go to www.gmail.com and create a Gmail account.

Once you have created the gmail account do the following.

1. Make sure you are not logged into any yahoo account and Click on the following link.

http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=contact

2. Use the drop down menus to computer the form as follows. Yahoo account, password sign in, unable to sign in. Here is a picture so you know what I mean:

Click Me To View

3. Once you have filled those out click Email a Support Agent at the bottom of the screen.

4. Next you will be brought to a form that you need to fill out. Under detailed description explain that you cannot answer the security question.Next skip error message and attach a screen shot. Enter the Yahoo address that is having the issue and under the "where can we contact you" enter your non yahoo address. Next enter your first and last name and zip code and alternate email address. Next type what you thought the security question answer was. If you can only remember 1 of the questions just enter the one.

5. When finished enter the squigly letters in the box and submit the form. It may take yahoo a few days to reply because it takes time to verify the information.

Immediately after submitting you will be shown your incident ID and also should receive an email with that information to your non yahoo account you provided.

You will then need to wait for Yahoo to return contact to you in order to regain access.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.