Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Hi, My dad got his new kindle fire 8.9 delivered to his

My dad got his new kindle fire 8.9 delivered to his UK address but did not have time to set it up befoe coming over to Spain. I have connected it to the local network here but unfortunately although all the menus are in english when you press the user guide everything is in spanish. I have chosen the region as the Uk and the official language as UK english but now I have connected to a spanish network he cannot access the newspaper subscriptions which you can normally access abroad. Would he have to do the intial set up with a UK internet provider and then would he have the access to the UK papers, kindle books and newspapers? He is a bit worried in case he is forced to use the Spanish amazon which means the device is no good to him. many thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

It i location based, so he needs to set it up within the UK.

When he is in the UK, using internet from within the country, all content is then catered for UK, and he can download subscriptions to UK papers, Books and Newspapers.

Once the initial setup is done, he can then use it anywhere he wishes.

It is just the initial setup that needs to be done in the UK.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The fact that I have connected the device here will it cause any problems now with the inital set up in the UK?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No, just dont proceed with any setup.

Turn it off, then when in the UK, do the setup.

As long as it is within the UK, it will be ok.

Feel free to ask if you would like more information please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, as I say I have only put in the UK region and UK language and then connected to wifi here. So it should be ok.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It will be ok Dawn.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

many thanks for your help. He will be pleased because it looks a good device and ideal for him. Bye

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It is a really good device Dawn, and he will like it.

Just can be annoying that Amazon bases the setup on location, as opposed to letting you choose.