Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

My Nexus 7 will not charge, the screen is black no sign of

My Nexus 7 will not charge, the screen is black no sign of life. I have already followed help instruction on computer but no help, where do I go from here please
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is your Nexus 7 tablet? by which I mean to ask, how much usage is on it? How often has it been charged up and then discharged?

If used continuously for more than 9 months (or even if for a somewhat lesser period), it may be that the battery has gone bad. Rechargeable batteries can go bad after a certain amount of charge-discharge cycles, and always go bad eventually.

But even if the device is fairly new, newer than 9 months old, the problem might still be a defective battery... however, the device is within its warranty period if it is that new, or even if older and up to a year old. (1-year warranty coverage terms are usual for electronic device manufacturers.)

I suggest opening the battery bay and looking at the battery, if that is at all possible, and then re-seating the battery in its place, try charging it up again (and look for charging indications when you do), and see if that does anything for the case. Then after that, let me know what the age of the Nexus tablet is, and anything else about the case that seems relevant, and I will be able to make a certain recommendation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can not see a way to access battery tablet is still under warranty made january 20013 . I had it new march this year, used occasionally only charged a few times looking forward to your reply

Your Google Nexus tablet is certain to be covered by warranty, provided you have not ill-used it in any way.

Google's Nexus 7 is made by ASUSTek Computer, Taiwan. Google's statement is not quite crystal clear as to whether, to put in a failure-within-warranty claim, you are to contact them, or contact ASUS. So I will give you the contact information for both, with my recommendation that you have the proof of purchase date handy (in the form of a sales slip or a credit card record/statement for the purchase), and that you put in a failed-within-warranty claim on the device (and/or its charger, which might be where the fault is, conceivably):

For Google:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3053039

For ASUS:
1(NNN) NNN-NNNN(Consumer Customer Service.)

Good luck.

Please rate my Answer - favorably, I would hope - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks.