Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have just purchased a sony vaio aio L3 on vista.can i revert

Customer Question

I have just purchased a sony vaio aio L3 on vista.can i revert it to xp?if so is it complicated to do.if it can be done can vista still be used.i am not very tech savvy your assistance would be greatfully received
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Do you currently have a Windows XP installation disk with you? Also, could you let me know the FULL model number of your Sony Vaio system, please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi i have no xp disc.all i can find is the sony vaio aio VGC-LA3.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay. If you want to use Windows XP on your system, you will need to purchase a FULL Windows XP installation disk first; you may purchase a copy online from the following eBay seller:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Microsoft-Windows-XP-Professional-Service-Pack-3-CD-and-COA-OEM-SP3-7-/161119097275

Having gotten the installation disk, you may carry out a fresh installation of Windows XP, following the enlisted steps:

1) Boot up your computer with the Windows XP installation disc inserted.

2) Press any key to load from the disc when prompted to do so. If not prompted, restart again, then keep tapping F12, and boot from CD/DVD drive from the boot menu that comes up.

3) Press ENTER when you see the message 'To setup Windows XP now', and then press ENTER displayed on the 'Welcome to Setup' screen (Do not choose the option to press R to use the Recovery Console).

4) In the Windows XP Licensing Agreement, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.

5) At the next screen, press Esc in order to skip to the list of partitions present.

NOTE: If you want to keep Windows Vista as well, skip Step 6 and 7 and do NOT format the partition in Step 8.

6) Now, at the next screen, select your system partition, i.e. C: by default, and press D in order to delete the same.

7) In the unpartitioned space that comes up as a result, press C in order to create a new partition automatically,and press ENTER thereafter.

8) Next, press ENTER to install Windows XP in the partition created, and at the next window, select the 'Format the partition using the NTFS file system (quick)' option and wait for the system to format the drive accordingly.

9) Wait for the system to finish copying the files and reboot, then load up your XP OS as you do normally (don't boot from the disc again), and follow the steps given accordingly to install the OS accordingly.

Finally, you just need to download the following driver package for your Sony Vaio system, on your current computer, using the following link:
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGC-LA3/downloads/Preinstalled_Drivers_2773

Transfer the downloaded driver package file to your Sony Vaio system using a CD/flash drive, then run and install the drivers in the same following the on-screen directions, and you are good to go!

Hope it helps. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks i shall purchase the disc tonight and get it done as soon as..
Do i now leave this link open until i have done it just incase i have a problem and can get back to you.i cant really rate until i have done the installation
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
No issues; you may get back to me later on through your emails received from JustAnswer, or by going to www.justanswer.com. Please take your time, and keep me posted.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks thats great.i shall contact you if needed and when finished .regards.maxine:)
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
No problem; thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
gdnight for now!
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Have a good night! You need not reply to this message. :) Thanks!