Okay. If you want to use Windows XP on your system, you will need to purchase a FULL Windows XP installation disk first; you may purchase a copy online from the following eBay seller:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Microsoft-Windows-XP-Professional-Service-Pack-3-CD-and-COA-OEM-SP3-7-/161119097275
Having gotten the installation disk, you may carry out a fresh installation of Windows XP, following the enlisted steps:
1) Boot up your computer with the Windows XP installation disc inserted.
2) Press any key to load from the disc when prompted to do so. If not prompted, restart again, then keep tapping F12
, and boot from CD/DVD drive from the boot menu that comes up.
3) Press ENTER when you see the message 'To setup Windows XP now', and then press ENTER displayed on the 'Welcome to Setup' screen (Do not choose the option to press R
to use the Recovery Console).
4) In the Windows XP Licensing Agreement, press F8
to agree to the license agreement.
5) At the next screen, press Esc
in order to skip to the list of partitions present.NOTE: If you want to keep Windows Vista as well, skip Step 6 and 7 and do NOT format the partition in Step 8.
6) Now, at the next screen, select your system partition, i.e. C: by default, and press D
in order to delete the same.
7) In the unpartitioned space that comes up as a result, press C
in order to create a new partition automatically,and press ENTER thereafter.
8) Next, press ENTER to install Windows XP in the partition created, and at the next window, select the 'Format the partition using the NTFS file system (quick)' option and wait for the system to format the drive accordingly.
9) Wait for the system to finish copying the files and reboot, then load up your XP OS as you do normally (don't boot from the disc again), and follow the steps given accordingly to install the OS accordingly.
Finally, you just need to download the following driver package for your Sony Vaio system, on your current computer, using the following link:http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGC-LA3/downloads/Preinstalled_Drivers_2773
Transfer the downloaded driver package file to your Sony Vaio system using a CD/flash drive, then run and install the drivers in the same following the on-screen directions, and you are good to go!
Hope it helps. Thank you.