Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Over 20 years experience with Apple/Windows desktop publishing, design, troubleshooting
25267123

Can I pair my Bluetooth iPad to multiple Bluetooth speakers

Customer Question

Can I pair my Bluetooth iPad to multiple Bluetooth speakers around the house at the same time? If not is there a multiple Bluetooth sender out there that can?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately no. Bluetooth devices have a one-to-one paired relationship, meaning that you can only play back audio from a given device on a single set of speakers. Similarly, if you have multiple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch devices, each one must be paired individually with the Bluetooth speakers in order to use them, and depending on the Bluetooth speakers, you may find that you have to manually disconnect one iOS device before you can connect another.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are there any devices or apps out there that can duplicate the signal and send it to another speaker or is there any other alternative to be able to play music through various speakers from my iPad?
No in fact I just went over this with my sister who wanted to do the same thing the hardware has limits that no app can fix. Sorry.