Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.

Just received my kindle fire HD having authentication problem

Customer Question

Just received my kindle fire HD having authentication problem when I try to conect to AOLBB-C32A0A for Wi-Fi this is the strongest signal
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jamston replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. First of all, who is your internet service provider?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I have already told you that my provider is AOL Windows XP how much more info do you need

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hi once again I will repeat. I purchased a Kindle Fire HD from Amazon by post today. I am trying to get a Wi-Fi connection. AOLBB-C32AOA is the strongest one but there are the words Authentication Problem on the screen. Do Amazon use a password XXXXX don't appear to have told me??

Can you help?? I have Windows XP and AOL is my browser

Jane

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you still need help with this issue?

Can you please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=b2ebffc4-d9e0-401b-8f19-bb661a00a18c

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name isXXXXX bought a Kindle Fire HD from Amazon and can't seem to get a Wi-Fi connection. I have Windows XP and AOL is my provider. Browser No is AOLBB-C32AOA - password XXXXX After the last session yesterday I got Wi Fi for about five minutes then it went away. I am 69years old and I am getting very upset about not getting Wi Fi for my new Kindle. I have broadband. The signal for Wi Fi is only one bar at the moment says not close enough. Please can you help. Jane

I'm sorry. Can you disconnect the power cord from your internet / wireless modem / router for a few minutes, then reconnect?

Can you press & hold the power button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on, then see if you can connect it to Wi-Fi?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hi Viet did what you asked no bars now Jane

I'm sorry. Did you do both steps? Did you disconnect the modem/router? Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Yes I did should I do it again Jane

That's strange. What's the model of your modem/router? Is your laptop or any other wireless device working fine with Wi-Fi/wireless?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Having trouble reading label but think it says ADSL2+. My computer is not a laptop just table top and works OK. My old Kindle works fine on wireless. Are Wireless and Wi Fi different? Jane

Wi-Fi and wireless are the same thing. Can you please try to check the labe on the ADSL2+ modem/router for the brand/model?

Is your old kindle on 3G or Wi-Fi?

If you have a leather (or any other) cover on the kindle, please remove it. Then press & hold the power button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on, then go to the Wi-Fi settings on the kindle. Does it see any wireless network name?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hi my old Kindle was 3G.

I have no leather case on my new one.

The label on the modem/router is and oval shape and green sort of leaf coming out of it but can't make out the name writing too small.

I have put it off for 45 seconds and turned it back on. Wi Fi setting are AOLBB-C32AOA

also Belkin_G_Wireless_962FAB

I have tried to see if I can get into the Kindle but it says there is no Wi Fi

Jane

3G is a free wireless connection from Amazon; the kindle fire HD does not have 3G, so you would have to use your own wireless/wi-fi connection.

Where did you get AOLBB-C32AOA and the password XXXXX?

Do you actually have a wireless modem/router device? It may just be a modem, no wireless router. I really need to know the brand/model of the modem/router you have; please try to check. And/or call your internet service provider, and ask if you have a wireless router (ask them to provide one if you do not have.)

.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hi Sorry I have not replied been away from home. The label on the back of my Router is as follows -

Wireless Netword Name AOLBB-C32AOA

Wireless Passwork CEP9UYHC

BROADBAND WIRELESS ADSL2+ROUTER

HUAWEI ECHOLIFE HG521

Firmware Version v1.03

Hardware Version C.1.01

On my Kindle at the moment I have showing an icon for AOLBB-C32AOA with four bars showing a strong signal however there is a padlock also on it. Could this be the problem

Jane

That's okay. So on the kindle, you tap on AOLBB-C32AOA, then what happens? Thank you

JustAnswer in the News UK:

Web sites like Justanswer/legal...leave nothing to chance.
JustAnswer has an even simpler system. Got a problem? Just describe it, and indicate how much you're willing to pay for an answer. One of the experts will get back to you fast.
People can connect one-on-one with UK Car Mechanics on JustAnswer, 24/7, and ask auto questions for a small fee. If you have an auto repair question, ask a UK Car Mechanic now by going to www.justanswer.co.uk/car
As-a-doc Web sites: if you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers....JustAnswer.
JustAnswer... Has seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Mr Pole-Carew contacted Value and was told that the £820 taken was the company’s ‘estimate’ of the cost to repair the clutch. He said he had contacted a Ford adviser on JustAnswer who told him ‘a perfectly good clutch is highly unlikely to fail from four to five hours of good, or even very bad, driving'.