Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My groups contact suddenly disappear from my phone.

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me the make and model of your phone please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Blackberry z10
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Ola

The first step I would like you to do, is remove the battery from the Z10.

Wait 3 minutes, put the battery back in, turn on the phone and tell me please if the Group has returned.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is the same
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Then your suffering the Group Bug that the z10 currently has. It is resolved in the 10.1 update.

But to get the group back, you have to do a security wipe, it is currently the only solution for this issue.

this will wipe all data and return the phone to new, but there is no way to avoid this.

To do this.

While viewing the Home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings

Tap Security and Privacy followed by tapping Security Wipe
Enter the word blackberry to confirm the security wipe process

Tap Delete Data

The security wipe process can take up to 15 minutes to complete, do not attempt to restart the BlackBerry 10 smartphone or pull the battery until the BlackBerry 10 has completed the Security Wipe.

This should then bring the group back once you have setup the phone.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The phone is taking longer time to complete the wipe. Why ?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
There can be an issue with the internal memory Ola, which would cause this wipe to stall and fail.

It can also be attributed to the missing Group.

How long as it been taking to do the wipe?

And what screen is it currently stuck on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is a memory card symbol and the booting signal on the screen and it has been on like that for more than 30 minutes now.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, it has crashed.

This is very likely a failure in the internal memory of the phone.

But we will confirm this. remove the battery and hold the power button down for 30 seconds, then release.

Put the battery back in, turn on the phone and tell me what you see when it starts please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can only see that memory symbol and the booting circle
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that it stalls, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes this issue.

This is why your Group dissapeared. You would have had very soon, additional issues on the phone occurring.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It is a known problem, and is covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you saying that the phone can not come up again ?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Correct, as the memory was faulting.

A reset will reinstall the firmware bringing it back to new, but due to the memory fault, it cannot access the memory.

The group missing was a symptom of this, and the phone was quickly going to deteriorate (you would have started to get errors on the phone as it was not able to access all the memory).

This at times can be caused by faulting firmware, but we have ruled that out as the cause, confirming it is the memory that was the issue, requiring the phone to be replaced sorry.

Feel free to ask if you would like more information please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am in Nigeria and it is always difficult for our phone dealer to make a replacement.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I understand, but it is a hardware fault on the phone, the phone needs to be replaced, you are not going to avoid this sorry.

but the Dealer is obligated to do this due to the warranty, they cannot refuse the replacement.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Finally, what will happen to the money I paid online for the repair.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
That you made as a deposit already, in order for me to work with you and diagnose the issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So, what next ?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Rate me please, by clicking one of the smiley faces below.

Then contact the reseller to organise the replacement.

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The phone came up with a yellow caution sign wit www.bberror.com/bb10-0015
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
remove the battery and hold the power button down for 30 seconds, then release.

Then put the battery back in and tell me if it still gives this error please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The same
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It is related to the memory error, bb10-0015 means invalid file (it cannot find any files).

It needs to be returned sorry Ola.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your most welcome.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good day, my BB Z10 is discharging battery quickly. What can I do ?