Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Hi Everyone, I am on a website "www.schools-search.co.uk"

Hi Everyone,
I am on a website "www.schools-search.co.uk" and I have selected "All Types" in" LS8" within a distance of "3 miles". Because it does an "As the crow flies" search, the results include other Postcodes in between the LS8s. I only want to Print off the LS8s, but when I Highlight an entry and jump down to the next LS8, I lose the previous Highlighted Entry, even when I hold down the Control Key. Are there any other Keys I could press or hold down,or an easy method to beat this problem.
A friend suggested that I would have to Copy and Paste to a Word document all the Entries, but as I want to do the same exercise with many Postcodes and Being a Computer "Luddite", I find this option daunting.
THANKS,
Carl.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

It is relating to if they coded this functionality on the website Carl.

They need to actually add that you can do multi selection.

Try using the Shift Key and tell me if this allows you to, or use the Shift + CTRL

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard,

I have already tried those Keys. They only want to highlight everything on the page.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Carl

They did not program it is an are using a Option Box not a Option box with Multselect (it is a different type of control).

This relates to the site, not your computer, and you would need them to modify the site to use the multi select control instead.

Your only option until they do, would be to highlight everything, press CTRL+C to copy it.

Then open Word, press CTRL + V and this will then paste the data so you could modify it as you see fit.

Until they alter the control to make it auto select, this will be the only method Carl.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.