adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Moderator
74353250

How do you recover Storage folders in Windows Live Mail

Customer Question

How do you recover Storage folders in Windows Live Mail which have gone from the system. The storage folders disappeared while I was installing another programme which should have allowed me to open .001 extensions. The programme didn't work but deleted a great deal of information from my Live Mail.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 3 years ago.
Try:
1. Click on VIEW
2. Click on COMPACT VIEW
3. Click on the GREEN + sign
4. Assuming the folders appear put a tick beside all the folders you want and click OK
5. Now, when you click on Compact View once more all the folders should appear.
Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I did this, it brought up some empty folders but did not return the folders I had lost. Any further thoughts?

Hi Andrew,
Have a look in the Windows Live Deleted Items Folder and your Recycle Bin to see if they are there.
Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They were not in either the Recycle Bin or in Deleted Items Folder.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
I'm not working today so I'll opt out so that another expert can try to help you.
Best Regards,
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have now recovered most of the lost folders by information supplied by RegCurePro so I don't need any more assistance. As you have been unable to provide a solution to my question, I assume that I will not be billed for the £28.00 and my membership subscription cancelled.

Andrew XXXXXX