Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

have purchased a Tesco Hudl and cannot get it to connect with

Customer Question

have purchased a Tesco Hudl and cannot get it to connect with the to the net work.
Can you help ? Tesco have said to get in touch with you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

What happens when you try to connect the tablet to your wireless network? Do you get any error/message?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, no error message. Bt hub connects we then get a message

web page not available. Tesco tech think its because we have a Hub and an infinity box.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I see; I assume you are able to connect all right using any other device, e.g. your PC, connected to your BT Hub?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay; let's try a power cycle of your router first. Please press and release the Restart button at the side/top of the Hub. You can also switch the Hub off at the mains, waiting a few seconds before turning it back on.

Wait for the Hub to complete its start-up procedures: the lights will stop flashing and go solid.

Done that, switch off the tablet and turn it back on. Check if you are able to connect to the Internet all right thereafter.

Do keep me posted.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still saying Web page not available the Web page athttps://www.btopenzone.com:8443/home?

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay; let's try resetting your BT Hub next. Please follow the reset directions for your device, using the following link:
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386

Done resetting the router, go to your tablet's settings and re-connect to your BT Hub network. Check how you get on this time, and keep me posted, please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still no joy. Saying authentication problem

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hmm; where does it state this now? When trying to connect to the network on the tablet?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in the BtHub-3CJ8 setting on the hudl, but now states
not in range but Hudl is only 60cms from Hub

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hmm; this is an odd issue, indeed. Did you make sure to power off the tablet and then back on, after resetting the router? Also, are there any other wireless networks listed now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the Hudl screen is showing

BTWiFi connected

BTHub3-3CJ8

Signal strength is Excellent

It then says connect

we press connect and it the say authentication problems

We did make sure the power off was off.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
After you press Connect, does it prompt you for a network key/password, by any chance?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay; please select that network now first - do you see a "Forget network" button listed at the top/bottom? Do let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Please click that button first, then connect to the same network once again. Does it prompt you for a key/password XXXXX time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes asks for a password

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay. Now, please retrieve the default wireless password XXXXX your BT Hub router first, following the directions here:
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14000

Done that, use that password XXXXX connect to the network on the tablet, and let me know how you get on thereafter.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have typed in the Admin password XXXXX no joy
then tried the Wireless key da5773e4b7 no joy. On the hudl it says BTWiFi connected - BTHub3-3CJ8 Saved secured with WPA/WPA2. pressed connect Web page not available.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hmm; this is an odd issue indeed. I'll open up your question to our other experts now. Thank you for your continued patience.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok will keep waiting

Hudl has just come on by itself. Seems to be ok for now.

Many thanks for your help.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
No issues; you may just rate my answer below to close out this question accordingly. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX X'Mas!