Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have just been informed by bt that some one tel. no. XXXXXXXXXXX

Customer Question

I have just been informed by bt that some one tel. no. XXXXXXXXXXX has registered this no
on my home no. This to me looks fraudulent because no body in my family has this no. the
account no. is from pakistan as their mobile no. start as o3....... I want to make sure that this no. is removed immediately as I do not wish to be lumbered with some fraud's victim.How can I make sure that this number is XXXXX from my account and can bt take any action against this person.
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.

cvd4311 :

Please do not RATE until you are completely satisfied with this session. When RATING please rate 4 or above.

This is a scam that is going around. Please do not give out any information to the people that informed you that the number is registered to your number. Their really is no way to remove the number because it is really not a real number. The scams are coming from over there hoping that you would give out some information on yourself. you can call your telephone company and make sure that you only have one number allotted to your account.

Because it is over in the middle east it would be hard to take any kind of action against them. You can make sure that you check your credit accounts to make sure there are not fraudulent on there and also contact any credit agencies in the United Kingdom to inform them what happened. This is the only thing you can do to protect yourself.

cvd4311 :

May I ask why rate by service without replying back? Please reply back and give me a chance to reply back to you before rating. This is a scam that is going around. You can call your telephone company and ask has any other number been attached to your number (we can't see what numbers you are putting out just xxxxxxx). They will verify that there are no number's attached to your number.

PLEASE do not RATE until we are completely finished with this session as it brings down my ratings without you replying.

cvd4311 :

Just checking to see if you have followed my instructions above? Can I be of more service and what was the outcome? Please keep me informed by replying to my post. Thank you.