Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

My SONY Fit 15 SVF1521 P2EB RUNS WINDOWS 8 - can I up-grade

Customer Question

My SONY Fit 15 SVF1521 P2EB RUNS WINDOWS 8 - can I up-grade it to run windows 8.1 ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 3 years ago.

Jerry Hannell :

Hello sir/madam, I would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready.

JACUSTOMER-xm4qk834- : Here now awaiting your thoughts
Jerry Hannell :

hi,

Jerry Hannell :

I checked the make and model, YES, you will be able to upgrade your sony to windows 8.1

Jerry Hannell :

there will be new features, like the start button.

Jerry Hannell :

you will not need to update your drivers

Jerry Hannell :

everything will work after the upgrade

JACUSTOMER-xm4qk834- : I have tried the windows store and upgrade does not appear to work
Jerry Hannell :

are you getting any error messages?

Jerry Hannell :

what happens? why are you unable to upgrade?

JACUSTOMER-xm4qk834- : Not error messages - but it is not downloading - rather says check compatibility / up-date windows etc
Jerry Hannell :

can you go to

Jerry Hannell :

and press install 8.1

JACUSTOMER-xm4qk834- : The upgrade is advertised - but when I try to run it it nothing happens
Jerry Hannell :

Let me opt out and redirect this question to other experts for remote assistance.
If no expert opts in back, we can continue.
Best regards.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is Josh and I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Let's check to make sure there are not updates waiting for you to be installed..

1. Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), tapping or clicking Settings, tapping or clicking Change PC settings, and then tapping or clicking Windows Update.

2. Tap or click Check for updates now, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your PC. If you don't have automatic installation of important updates turned on, you might need to tap or click Turn on recommended settings before you can check for updates.

If there are updates that need to be downloaded/installed, please do that before trying to upgrade to 8.1

Let me know how it goes