carlday1
carlday1, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Engineer
69505510

How do I set up a behringer x1622USB to record in cubase 6

Customer Question

Have followed IFUs and several on line video demonstrations without success.
You can hear music through desk but can not appear to register sound.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Bryan :

My name is Bryan and I will be assisting you today.

Bryan :

I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say that you can hear music but that it does not register. Have you selected the Behringer as the input in Cubase?

Bryan :

Also, you have probably see this video, but can you just double check these settings? https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3TF2r6Eimt4#t=163

JACUSTOMER-iy5dk7in- : Yes- have selected behringer as input in cubase. When describing can hear music etc mean that input from mic does not register in cubase however pre- recorded sounds played through cubase can be heard on mixing desk via headphones.
JACUSTOMER-iy5dk7in- : also have checked settings and they are as in video
Bryan :

Ok. Had you seen that video before?

Bryan :

Does the Behringer recognize that sound is going into the microphone? Can you connect a different audio source to the mic input to see if the computer recognizes that?

Bryan :

I'll be back in just a minute.

Bryan :

I'm back. Please let me know when you return.

JACUSTOMER-iy5dk7in- : Yes I have seen the video before
JACUSTOMER-iy5dk7in- : Im am just seeing if the other audio source works
Bryan :

Ok

JACUSTOMER-iy5dk7in- : I have connected another audio source to the mic input but nothing changed
Bryan :

Ok. Does the mixer recognize that there is sound coming in?

JACUSTOMER-iy5dk7in- : Yes
Bryan :

hmmm ... well, if you are absolutely certain that both the primary buttons are set properly then I'm afraid I am out of ideas and am going to have to opt out to see if anyone else has any ideas. But both of them are correct?

JACUSTOMER-iy5dk7in- : Ok, just to be certain can you confirm what the primary buttons are please
Bryan :

Well, they are the 2 red buttons shown in the video at the timecode where I set the link to.

JACUSTOMER-iy5dk7in- : Yes they are both correct
Bryan :

The reason I ask is because the symptoms you are talking about are discussed in that video at that timecode. But if that's not the problem, then I'm out of ideas for you.

Bryan :

Have you tried varying combinations of the buttons? Like both down, both up, left up right down, left down right up?

JACUSTOMER-iy5dk7in- : ok, thank you for your time
JACUSTOMER-iy5dk7in- : ill go through and try the combonations
Bryan :

Ok

JACUSTOMER-iy5dk7in- : No, that didn't work.
Bryan :

Ok. Sorry about that. I will opt out and let another expert take over. Hopefully they will have some additional ideas for you. Good luck. No need to rate me, you can save the rating for the last expert. Take care and someone should be along shortly and you will be notified by email.

JACUSTOMER-iy5dk7in- : Ok. Thank you for you time. Bye
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Happy to wait for response. Thanks
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will wait for now for help please. Thanks
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.

My name is Carl and I will help with your question. I have not used cubase in a while so I am going to brush up on it and will get back to you soon.

When you start a project do you have a template made for the berhinger inputs? Wiould it be possible for me to remote into your computer to have a look for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes happy for you to remote in.
Son just got behringer for Christmas so not used yet. Has used cubase fir while but not expert. Thank you
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Could you download teamviewer and install it so that I can remote in and have a look.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

When you have installed it you will need to send me your id and password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Downloaded.
ID- XXXXXXXXX and password is 8576
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
sorry the id has been removed could you try again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
could you try it again please. I think I hadn't finished the registration properly. Thanks
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
I dont have the id number, just answer have removed it as personal information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
u5m59u
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have you got it ok this time?
I'D XXXXXXXXX with u5m59u
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.

sorry the id keep getting removed could you type the numbers please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Six, eight, three,,nine,zero,seven,seven,three,four. And then u,five,m,five,nine,u
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.

I will connect in a minute.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.

Did you manage to get the inputs to work. I am about today if you are able to allow a remote connection again as I have a few more things I would like to try.

Carl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I was unable to get the inputs to work. I'm free know if you would like to try the remote access?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was unable to get the inputs to work. I'm free know if you would like to try the remote access?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.

I can connect now it will only take a few minutes I wanted to try some thing. Did the connection details stay the same?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yw three three seven b is the password today

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yw337b is the password today

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry but I have to go out and i could not get the remote connection to work.

Will you be about this evening about 7pm.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes will make sure Sam is on line and ready to go. Thank again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you ready to have a look please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. We are ready to go if you are?