Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I recently bought an ACER Travelmate Celeron 1005M 8GB 750gb

Customer Question

I recently bought an ACER Travelmate Celeron 1005M 8GB 750gb Laptop.
I have forgotten my password XXXXX cannot access my laptop. When I switch my laptop on my name appears and underneath it says "Locked" and asks for my password. This is the password XXXXX have forgotten. Could you please give me a firm quotation for assisting me in unlocking my laptop?
Miriam Wood
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.
My name is Randy, I will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

If you have forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If you are using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the Microsoft account sign-in webpage.

• If you are using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

If you have tried these suggestions and still cannot sign in, you will need to reinstall Windows.

Use the following steps to reset Windows 8:

1. From the login screen, click the power icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
  2. While holding Shift, click Restart.
  3. Click Troubleshoot.
  4. Click Reset Your PC.
  5. Click Next.
  6. The system will reboot and begin Preparing to Reset the PC.
  7. At the Reset your PC screen, click Just remove my files.
  8. Click Reset.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have done what you have suggested but I now need a USB Flash Drive. I don't know what this is and can this be obtained from a computer shop and would this then allow me to change my password? or set a password?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Randy, thank you for your help so far but I still cannot access my computer. Apparently I need a USB Flash Drive. Also, please confirm that I will not be billed extra to what I have already paid at this visit.

Yes you can get the USB Flash drive at A local dept/ electronic store. Here is a video with the reset instructions>PLEASE CLICK HERE<
You cam also order it online with free delivery from Amazon>PLEASE CLICK HERE<
.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please remember to rate my answer positively.
Thank you very much!