Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have a kindle fire which I had to reset to factory conditions

Customer Question

I have a kindle fire which I had to reset to factory conditions as I had a fault,is possible to recover my vids and pics I had stored on the device prior to reset
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bill,
My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
This is probably not the news that you want to hear. Unfortunately, any content not saved in your Kindle Library or in the Cloud is lost, anytime that you do a reset be sure to transfer that content from your device to your computer via USB first. Kindle devices store content you purchase from the Kindle Store to Amazon's Cloud online storage space automatically. This storage method enables you to quickly download and restore content to your Kindle without having to purchase the e-books and digital content after resetting your Kindle. But your personal settings are not saved in the Amazon Cloud. To back up your Kindle's settings before performing a reset, connect the device to your computer to sync the items on the device to your Kindle folder on your computer. The syncing process starts immediately.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does the kindle have a hard drive that could recover my content if I put it in to an expert to help

Yes, that is possible. You can follow the step by step Amazon kindle fire HD/HDX data recovery guide to perform photo recovery, file recovery, and video recovery with data recovery software. Download kindle data recovery program and retrieve back deleted files, eBook, and other data: http://www.asoftech.com/adr/