Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have an acer az5771 all in one touch today it suddenly will

Customer Question

I have an acer az5771 all in one touch today it suddenly will not connect to the internet wirelessly and says that the computer to have the wireless enabled. Is there something that may have been switched off inadvertently to stop the wireless connection ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Please press FN + F3 once - does this turn the wireless function back on? Do keep me posted.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What does fn key look like
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
You should see the FN between the CTRL and the Windows keys, at the bottom left of your keyboard. Do keep me posted.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok it looks like just a picture of a paper with an arrow on it pointing to top but tried it and nothing has happened
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay; please press Windows key + X; in the window that comes up, do you see a 'Turn wireless on/off' button listed?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing happens no list
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay; are you currently replying to me on the system that has the issue? If so, may I remote in to your system, and take a look?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I am using my iPad as I cannot connect to internet on the computer without moving my equipment closer together and using a cable
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay; please try carrying out a system restore in SAFE MODE next.

First off, please restart your computer, then tap down the F8 key repeatedly at bootup.

At the Advanced Options screen that comes up, select 'Safe Mode' and press ENTER twice in order to boot into Windows in that mode.

Now, please go to Start, type in system restore in the search field, and press ENTER.

When the System Restore window comes up, select Next.

At the next screen, TICK the "Show more restore points" checkbox, then select a restore point dated BEFORE you started having this issue with WIFI (the earlier the restore point, the better). Click Next > Finish.

Restart normally after the restore is completed, and check how you get on now.

Do keep me posted; thank you!