Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

My Hotmail Account will not open any of my messages the blue

Customer Question

My Hotmail Account will not open any of my messages the blue circle keeps appearing and I just wait but nothing happens. I have recently returned from Iraq and on the last morning I used my Hotmail account but since being back in the UK I cannot open the messages. Please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Chris and I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Are you using an email program like outlook or windows mail OR are you checking your email with a web browser such as internet explorer?

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

using google to get onto the Hotmail log in

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Do you mean you are using the google chrome web browser and then signing in at hotmail.com?

You are able to sign in correct, just unable to open any messages?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

normal google not chrome........yes I am signed in can see the messages but cannot open any of them

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Ok this is likely a web browser issue.

Do you know which one you are using? I asked if you were using chrome and you said "normal google" so you may be misunderstanding what I am asking.

Which program are you using to go to your email, internet explorer? mozilla firefox?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

internet explorer

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Great.

Likely you are just getting a loading error so what you need to do is clear your cookies and temporary files.

Before proceeding make sure you know your password because doing this will cause you to become logged out of any websites you may be logged into so you will need to sign back in.

In your internet explorer browser

Click on Tools (if you do not see tools click on the gear icon on the top right) next choose Internet Options.

Next click Delete under browsing history. Check all of the boxes except for your saved passwords and click delete again. It may take a minute or two to finish.

Once it has finished return to hotmail and sign in, it should work now.

If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know.

Thank You
-Chris
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.

It was my pleasure assisting you with your question. I just wanted to follow up and see how everything is going and if you needed help with anything else. If you do have another question please feel free to ask I will be more than happy to assist.

Thanks,
Chris