Daniel B.
Daniel B., Consultant
Experience:  CCNA , MCSA ,MCP
27360687

How do I get rid of MSN (which appeared a few months ago) off

Customer Question

How do I get rid of MSN (which appeared a few months ago) off my computer, I do not want or like it. Any answers please ThanksPatty
Category: Computer
Expert:  Daniel B. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

My name is Daniel and I am here to assist you, inorder to resolve your problem please follow these instructions;

Go to “Start > Control Panel > Add or remove programs”.
  1. Select the “MSN” application in the list and click on the “Remove” button.
  2. Go through all the dialog of the uninstaller and remove the MSN with all components.
  3. Once the process has finished, click on the “OK” button.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't find MSN in control panel why ???

Expert:  Daniel B. replied 3 years ago.
You need to click on ' Add or remove programs' in the control panel, then look for MSN in the list that appears.

Let me know if its not there.

Also, have you tried system restore back to a point in time before it appeared ?

Guide for this :

Open the Control Panel (icons view)

A) Click on the Recovery icon.

B) Click on the Open System Restore button. (see screenshot below)

If You Have Not Done a System Restore Before
A) Click on the Next button. (see screenshot below)

B) Go to step 8.
7. If You Have Done a System Restore Before
A) Select (dot) Choose a different restore point, and click on the Next buton. (see screenshot below)

8. Select (click on) a listed restore point that you want to restore the drives that were included in the restore point back to how they were when the restore point was created. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: Check the Show other restore points box to see any restore points (older) that may not be listed here.

9. To Show Affected Programs and Drivers
NOTE: This will show you a list of programs and drivers that will be deleted and restored by the selected restore point.
A) Click on the Show affected programs and drivers button. (See screenshot above)

B) When done reviewing, click on the Close button. (see screenshot below)

10. Click on the Next button. (see screenshot below step 8)
NOTE: Make sure that the restore point you want is still selected (highlighted).

11. Click on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: The listed drives here will be restored back to how they were for the selected restore point.

12. Click on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)
WARNING: This will immediately restart your computer to finish the system restore.

13. After the computer has restarted, click on the Close button. (see screenshot below)

Expert:  Daniel B. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Patricia,

If you are happy with my service and work on this question, I would sincerely appreciate a moment of your time to please accept and rate my answer Good or Excellent so that I get credit for my time.

If there remains any outstanding issue you wish me to assist with then please let me know.