Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I have an external backup hard drive and someone appears to

Customer Question

I have an external backup hard drive and someone appears to have deleted all the files. Is there any way that they can be retreived?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear about your problem with deleted backup files. Yes, there are tools out there that you can use to scan your external drive for "deleted" files and folders and then recover them. I first suggest that you use a free one.

Here is the link of a FREE file recovery software:
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

In that page, click on the green Download button to get the free version. Then select the download from piriform.com.

Install it, then attach the external drive to your computer, then run Recuva and then scan the attached drive for recoverable files.

For detailed procedures on how to use Recuva, please click on this link:
http://www.piriform.com/docs/recuva/using-recuva

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Christine,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you need further assistance with this, please don't hesitate to let me know, I am here to help.

Best regards,
Jess