Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

i hava a samsung laxerfax sf-560, yesterday it was working

Customer Question

i hava a samsung laxerfax sf-560, yesterday it was working fine. Today when i turned it on as it was warming up, the screen read (jam 1) or (no cartridge) this message remains on sceen. i can find no problem with the cartridge & cannot see any jam of ny kind. Please advise what i can try. sam.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your Samsung printer question.

If there is no paper jam but you are still getting this error, try turning off the printer and unplug all the cables going into it, then remove the paper tray, open the front door, remove the toner cartridge, open the back door and make sure there is no small fragment of paper located anywhere inside the machine.
Next, check the sensors. One is located in the middle of the feed path under the cartridge and before the black transfer roller. The other is located at the back of the machine in the fusing unit.
Finally, check the paper tray itself - the paper should easily load into the tray and should not be tight or sticking in it. There should be just a little room for it to move around. If the paper is to tight in the tray it can result in the paper pick up roller not being able to pull the paper out of the tray and result in this error.

Let me know if that helps,

Pete.