Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Need to get my BT Yahoo acct Password

Customer Question

Need to get my BT Yahoo acct Password
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

To confirm, is this the process youo undertook to try to reset your password?

https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot/

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that was the process.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Michael

If you cannot pass the questions asked during the reset, then these tools will not help you.

There is a way around this problem though so please carefully follow my instructions. Make sure you read through these instructions before attempting them so you understand what needs to be done.

You must fill out a ticket to contact yahoo support, when this is done properly you will receive an incident ID for reference upon successful submission. This is the only way to get around this problem.

Follow these instructions for proper submission of the form.

First and most importantly you need an email account that yahoo can contact you at, it needs to be a non yahoo account.

If you do not have one please go to www.gmail.com and create a Gmail account.

Once you have created the gmail account do the following.

Make sure you are not logged into any yahoo account and Click on the following link.

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?y=PROD_ACCT&token=w5FCchB1dWHZDkMtMbkiWb5O%252BPhr1KeP0j4DgdOqjIF6H5SDkikTjuFSnPyHbqJdnI9meWyhmsBwZy2qRgOuHPn%252BhBY18enFjkFgosDq%252Fy5oDG7fUvbOiwk5QtcYSWHUwy6ODKhReEO1Q9CRmnQzbOs7Xx1pBy%252Fw6o8TwDE7SDU%253D&locale=en_US&page=contactform&selectedChannel=email-icon

Next you will be brought to a form that you need to fill out. Under detailed description explain that you cannot answer the security question.Next skip error message and attach a screen shot. Enter the Yahoo address that is having the issue and under the "where can we contact you" enter your non yahoo address. Next enter your first and last name and zip code and alternate email address. Next type what you thought the security question answer was. If you can only remember 1 of the questions just enter the one.

5. When finished enter the squigly letters in the box and submit the form. It may take yahoo a few days to reply because it takes time to verify the information.

Immediately after submitting you will be shown your incident ID and also should receive an email with that information to your non yahoo account you provided.

You will then need to wait for Yahoo to return contact to you in order to regain access.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.